WCTC makes a significant impact on our community, just as the community shapes the work we do on campus. That reciprocal relationship makes everyone stronger. Just consider:
- Area employers rely on WCTC to meet their growing employment needs. Nine out of 10 WCTC graduates in the job market are employed within six months, and 88 percent of our graduates stay and work in the Milwaukee and Waukesha area.
- More than 200 local employers sponsor WCTC internship students.
- WCTC’s Corporate Training Center has trained nearly 27,000 employees from more than 1,200 organizations over the past five years.
- Wisconsin taxpayers receive $12.20 in benefits for every dollar invested in technical colleges.
- Wisconsin technical colleges served 81 percent more dislocated and unemployed workers over the last decade (22,000 to 40,000).
- 96 percent of employers say their local technical college is important to the overall success of their business.
- More than 750 area business and industry representatives serve on WCTC’s advisory committees help ensure graduates have the skills employers need for success.
But don’t just take our word for it. Learn more about what employers and alumni say about WCTC.
Every year, WCTC students complete thousands of service hours for the community.
Closing the Skills Gap
Learn about how WCTC took action to meet the manufacturing and information technology skills gaps.
Get involved to share your expertise with our faculty and students.