Steps to Apply
Follow these five steps to become a WCTC student. Our friendly admissions staff is here to help with any questions you have along the way. Here’s how to get started:
Be prepared to pay a $30 application fee when you apply. Deadlines vary by program. Refer to your desired program’s page for deadline details.
If you’re an international student, follow these instructions.
Send your high school or GED/HSED, college and/or military transcripts to WCTC.
Complete a placement assessment, if required for your program.
You can demonstrate your reading, writing and/or math skills in one or more of the following ways:
- High school GPA of 2.60 or above. Transcript must include completed coursework through the 11th grade.
- Official ACT, ACCUPLACER®, Compass, Asset, GED - 2014 Series (165 or higher), or TABE Advanced test results.
- Prior college coursework may meet this requirement in whole or in part. Courses must be in the specific area(s), and you must have earned a grade of C or better (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) in the courses.
- If none of the above apply, sign up for the ACCUPLACER® placement test.
If you didn't meet the minimum demonstrated skill level required for a course in your program, don't worry. We have resources available to help you raise your scores or complete skill-building courses. The best part is, we can still get you started at WCTC!
Complete additional program requirements.
Review your desired program's page for details.
Keep an eye out for your acceptance letter!
We'll fill you in on next steps after you're accepted.
When is the earliest I can apply?
WCTC District Residents
- October 1 for the following fall semester (August start)
- April 1 for the following spring semester (January start)
- November 1 for the following fall semester (August start)
- May 1 for the following spring semester (January start)
Due to the high demand of some programs, be sure to check your program's webpage for important application deadlines.