Skip to Content

Students working on engineering project

Transcripted Credit/Advanced Standing

Main Content

Earn College Credit During High School

Completing college-level work while still in high school can save you time and money. Here are three ways that high school students can get credit for prior learning once at WCTC:

Lightbulb iconAdvanced Standing

If your high school and WCTC have an existing Advanced Standing agreement, you may be able to receive college credit. Review the list of state-approved Advanced Standing courses. You must earn a “B” or better to receive credit.

Review State-Approved Courses

Lightbulb iconTranscripted Credit

Transcripted credit agreements allow you to take WCTC courses at your high school and earn both WCTC transcripted credit and high school credit. Review the list of state-approved transcripted credit courses.

  • The credit is applied to your academic record. It can be used toward a WCTC program and evaluated for transfer by a four-year college.
  • If you are enrolled in a WCTC high school transcripted credit course, you can request a waiver of the WCTC application fee. Refunds will not be given if you have already paid the fee.

Review State-Approved Courses

Lightbulb iconAdvanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) Exams

Official scores must be sent to WCTC for evaluation. Review the pre-approved Credit by Exam minimum scores and courses list.

Review Minimum Scores and Courses

How Prior Learning Credits Work

  • Credit for prior learning may count for a maximum of 75 percent of your major subject area credits and 75 percent of the total credits required for your program at WCTC.*
  • Grades received through credit for prior learning will not be computed in your grade point average.*
  • If you receive credit for prior learning, you are exempt from taking the approved courses. Approved transfer of credit can be viewed at myWCTC under the “Academic Profile” tab.

* Does not apply to Transcripted Credit

Early College Opportunities