Many WCTC courses have prerequisites related to reading, writing and math skills.
A prerequisite is a requirement that a student must fulfill before registering for
a course. You can demonstrate your reading, writing and/or math skills in one or more
of the following ways:
- High school GPA of 2.60 or above. Transcript must include completed coursework through the 11th grade.
- ACT, ACCUPLACER©, Compass, Asset, GED - 2014 Series (165 or higher), or TABE Advanced
- Prior college coursework may meet this requirement in whole or in part. Courses must
be in the specific area(s), and you must have earned a grade of C or better (2.0 on
a 4.0 scale) in the courses.
- If none of the above apply, sign up for the ACCUPLACER©.
- These options do not apply to the ACCUPLACER for Apprenticeships.
The ACCUPLACER© college placement exams measure a student's proficiency in specific academic areas.
Placement scores will determine what courses a student can enroll in for their first
semester, which will affect how quickly a student can complete a degree at WCTC.
ACCUPLACER©, developed by The College Board, is administered on the computer and is
untimed. The typical test-taker will need approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete the
We strongly recommend doing some preparation before your testing date. Check out this
free ACCUPLACER© Study App and math review. The Academic Support department at WCTC is available to help you prepare for the ACCUPLACER©. View their
If you are applying for a WCTC program or taking courses, there is no fee to take the ACCUPLACER© for the first time. You are allowed to retest one time; there
is a $15 fee to retest.
- The ACCUPLACER© is an untimed test. There is no need to request extended time.
- There are some questions that allow you to use an on-screen calculator; these questions
will have a calculator icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Handheld calculators
are not allowed on any ACCUPLACER© math test.
- For any other accommodations for the ACCUPLACER©, please contact the Student Accessibility
Office at SAO@wctc.edu or 262.691.5318 for assistance.
English Language Learners
If English is not your first language or you have not attended a U.S. school for 10
or more years, you can take the ACCUPLACER© ESL. You will be tested in Language Use, Sentence Meaning, Listening, and Reading Skills.
When signing up for a session, you will be asked if English is your primary language.
If you select “no,” you will be given the ACCUPLACER ESL. If you select “yes,” you
will be given the traditional ACCUPLACER.
Schedule Your Exam
Take the ACCUPLACER© on Campus
Take the ACCUPLACER© Remotely via Examity ($25 Fee)
It's best to schedule your ACCUPLACER exam in advance, but we understand that life
can get in the way! Same-day appointments may be available.
Preparation is important. View our test prep resources above for more information.
Schedule Your Exam >
Examity is a third-party remote service with a live proctor.
- Examity charges a $25 fee at the time of scheduling.
- You can schedule this exam with Examity when it works for you. Your test must be completed
within two weeks of the request.
- Before submitting a request, verify that your computer meets the technology requirements. Contact Examity for technical support; the WCTC Testing Center is not able to provide
Submit your request using the link below. Choose "ACCUPLACER" as type of exam, then
"Remote Testing," then "ACCUPLACER Remote using Examity."
Requests are processed during Testing Center office hours. Once processed, you will
receive an email from ACCUPLACER© regarding your Remote Voucher Notification. This
email includes important information on how to take your ACCUPLACER© test.
Submit a Request >
Find My Placement Scores
Placement assessment results are available in a printed report format immediately
upon test completion. Score reports include course placement recommendations. Review
scores and placement information for course prerequisites. Scores may take up to 1
business day to link to your student account.
As a WCTC student, you can view your placement scores via myWCTC:
- Log in to myWCTC
- Select "myProfile"
- Select "Prior Education and Testing"
For help interpreting your placement scores, connect with an Enrollment Counselor.