Learn from Anywhere!
Looking for a flexible and convenient learning option to fit your busy schedule? WCTC offers a variety of associate degree and continuing education courses online. WCTC’s web-based online learning systems make it easy to complete homework, participate in class activities, and communicate with classmates and instructors without ever leaving home.
Is Online Learning Right for You?
Disciplined, self-motivated and capable learners do best in online-only learning. Before you register for an online course, you should carefully review your personal learning style, motivation and commitment to learning success. Complete the Independent Learner Profile to determine whether online learning is a good fit for you.
Required Technical and Internet Experience
- You must be familiar with your computer’s basic operation.
- You should be able to effectively manage your computer files and lesson assignments.
- You should be proficient with typing.
- You should know how to navigate the Internet (i.e., search engines, bookmarks, buttons and links).
- You should be comfortable using email and sending email attachments.
- You should be able to use a word processor (Microsoft Word recommended).
Distance Education for Out-of-State Students
Waukesha County Technical College (WCTC) participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). As a member of NC-SARA, any current or former student of a distance education program offered by WCTC may file a complaint with Wisconsin’s Distance Learning Authorization Board (DLAB) for WCTC distance education activity conducted across state lines under specific and limited circumstances. For more information on the types of complaints handled by DLAB, steps to be taken before filing a complaint with DLAB, and the process to file a complaint with the DLAB, see DLAB’s student complaint process.