It's important to start the transfer process sooner rather than later, and understanding
the basics can help the process go much more smoothly. Start here:
Clarify Your Needs
To find the right fit for you, you'll want to consider:
- Career goals
- Delivery mode (traditional classroom, online, accelerated, hybrid, evening or weekend)
- Location (urban, suburban or rural setting)
- Flexibility, including full- and part-time options
- School size
- Campus housing options
- Extracurricular activities
Identify Potential Transfer Schools
When making your list, be mindful of:
- Whether your major is offered
- Transfer agreements: Find out which schools WCTC has transfer agreements with
Contact Prospective Four-Year Schools
Colleges often have specific admissions requirements and policies for transfer students.
Join a school’s mailing list and connect with the transfer admissions counselor to
stay on top of requirements and deadlines.
Be sure to ask the admissions counselor about the maximum number of transferable credits
and how to maximize credit transfer to avoid losing credits, as well as financial
aid options, including scholarship availability.
Prepare Application Materials
Once you decide on which school(s) you are applying to, pay attention to their application
deadlines. Some schools admit students throughout the year, while others have clear
cut-off dates. Be sure to submit your financial aid application to help plan for financing.