Graduation and Commencement
Apply for Graduation
If you intend to complete your associate degree, technical diploma or apprenticeship program in fall 2023, apply for graduation today!
To participate in the commencement ceremony, you must apply for graduation and RSVP to Records no later than November 1 (fall ceremony) or April 1 (spring ceremony). If you apply for graduation after these dates, you will not be able to participate in the ceremony. Summer graduates have the option to participate in either ceremony but must still meet the application deadline.
Fall 2023 Commencement
Saturday, December 16, 2023 | 10 a.m.
WCTC's fall 2023 commencement ceremony will be held on WCTC's Pewaukee campus in the Anthony J. Natalizo Center (Building S) on Saturday, December 16, 2023. Please watch your WCTC student email for additional ceremony and ticket details.
WCTC holds two commencement ceremonies each year in May and December. Graduates of technical diploma, associate degree and apprenticeship programs are eligible to participate. This is a formal cap-and-gown ceremony that celebrates your scholastic achievements, and all graduates are encouraged to participate and be recognized.
When should I apply for graduation?
If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, you must apply for graduation and RSVP to Registration and Records no later than November 1 (fall ceremony) or April 1 (spring ceremony). You may apply for graduation after these dates; however, you will not be able to participate in the ceremony.
Summer graduates have the option to participate in the fall or spring ceremony but must still meet the application deadline.
How do I apply for graduation?
You can apply for graduation online.
What are the dates, times and length of the commencement ceremonies?
Graduation ceremonies are approximately 90 minutes long and held at the following dates/times:
- Fall 2023: Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- Spring 2024: Saturday, May 18, 2024
- 10 a.m. | School of Business and School of Protective & Human Services
- 1:30 p.m. | School of Applied Technologies and School of Health
Where will the commencement ceremonies take place?
The ceremonies will be held on WCTC's Pewaukee campus, in the Anthony J. Natalizio (AJN) Center in Building S, located on the south end of campus. View a campus map.
Will commencement ceremonies be live streamed?
The ceremonies will be live streamed. Links will be sent to graduates, and you can view the live streams here on this web page.
Who is eligible to participate in commencement ceremonies?
- December Ceremony: All students who are completing their final courses in the fall semester, as well as students who completed final coursework over the summer, are eligible to participate in the December ceremony.
- May Ceremony: All students who are completing their final courses in the spring semester, as well as students who will be completing final coursework over the summer, are eligible to participate in the May ceremony.
How do I know which ceremony I should attend for my program?
You can filter our program list by school to find out which school's ceremony you should attend. If you are completing multiple programs that fall within different schools, please contact Student Records to indicate which ceremony you plan to attend.
How many guest tickets can I get and where do I pick them up?
At this time, we are estimating each graduate will be able to receive three to five guest tickets. This number is subject to change based on the final number of graduates participating in the ceremony. Please watch your student email for additional information.
What time should my guests and I arrive?
- Graduates: Graduates should arrive one hour prior to the ceremony start time. Please enter at Building H (to the right of the Child Development Center). Volunteers will direct you to your check-in location, where you will receive your reader card. Review it and make any necessary updates, then hold onto this card until you arrive at the stage to have your name announced.
- Guests: Doors to the AJN Center will open approximately one hour prior to the start of each ceremony for guest arrival.
What if my guests or I need special seating accommodations at the ceremony?
Accessible seating, captioning, and sign language interpreting services will be provided. If you or your guests need disability-related accommodations, please complete the accommodation request form. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Paula Bell.
Is there a commencement rehearsal?
No. You will be guided through the ceremony by the graduation marshals.
When and where can I purchase my cap and gown and how much does it cost?
All graduates must have a black cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. These are available for purchase either in person at the WCTC Bookstore or online. The cost of the cap, gown, and black tassel is $26. Please watch your student email for additional information.
Can I decorate my cap?
Yes, you may decorate your cap. Please remember that this is a formal ceremony and derogatory terms, profanity, etc. are strictly prohibited.
What should I wear?
Professional attire is expected. No jeans, sweats, tennis shoes or beach sandals.
Can I carry any personal items during the ceremony?
Please remember to leave personal items with your guests as you will not be allowed to carry things with you during the ceremony. The College will not be responsible for any items you leave behind.
Will there be photos taken during the ceremony?
Empire Photography will be photographing all graduation ceremonies. Individual graduates are photographed as they receive their diplomas, and a solo portrait is taken after they exit the stage.
Proofs will be sent to graduates within approximately one week after the ceremony. You may preregister your email address to receive your complimentary proofs quickly. If you have any photo questions, please contact Empire Photography.
When will graduates receive their diplomas?
All diplomas will be mailed to graduates six to eight weeks after the end of their final term. This includes graduates who do not participate in a ceremony.
- Continue to watch your WCTC email for notification from our printing company, Parchment Inc.
- Make sure that your mailing address and cell phone number are current. If needed, submit a Student Record Change form.
Students who are intending to complete their program in fall 2023 can apply for certificate completion. Continue to watch your WCTC email for future updates; we will send out detailed information as soon as it becomes available.
Ordering a Diploma or Certificate
- You will automatically receive a diploma at no cost upon completing your associate degree, technical diploma or apprenticeship program.
- Certificates and any diplomas earned prior to spring 2022 must be ordered through Registration. Please watch your WCTC email for confirmation of your program completion and ordering instructions.
Graduation with Honors
To qualify for honors recognition at the graduation ceremony, you must meet the following requirements:
Honors: Program GPA of 3.5 to 3.84
Distinction: Program GPA of 3.85 to 4.00
- Graduation honors will be evaluated based on completed program coursework at the time of the commencement booklet deadline. This honor will be indicated in the commencement booklet and by the gold tassel worn at the ceremony.
- Students applying after the commencement booklet deadline will be evaluated based on completed program coursework at the time the graduation application is received. These graduates will not have their names printed in the booklet, but will still be eligible for a gold tassel.
- Certificates are not eligible for honors.
Other Honors Information
Previous Commencement Ceremonies