Welcoming Students from Around the World
Whether you're just starting out in your career or looking to improve your skills, WCTC is a great place to be an international student. International students can choose from a number of associate degree programs that are eligible for an F-1 student visa.
F-1 International Student Admission Process
- June 1 - fall semester start
- November 1 - spring semester start
Steps to Apply
Submit International Student Application and International Students Recognition of Financial Support to WCTC's Global Education Center.
Please note: Certain associate degree programs are not available to out-of-district and international students due to program demand and waitlists. Consult the international student program availability list for more information.
Check Your Mail
If you are admitted, WCTC will mail you an admission letter, I-20 and other WCTC-related information.
Pay SEVIS Fee
Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee. Regulation requires all prospective students to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee before the Department of State issues you a visa.
Obtain F-1 Visa
Follow your local U.S. Embassy or Consular office instructions for obtaining the F-1 visa. An interview is required. Bring your WCTC admission information, financial information, receipt of SEVIS I-901 payment and any other required documentation to the interview.
Complete Admissions Steps
After your F-1 visa is approved, follow the steps in your admission packet, which include:
- Make travel and living arrangements in the United States.
- Complete New Student Orientation and the online section for International Student Orientation, and plan to arrive for the in-person session.
- Purchase and submit proof of comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for repatriation.
- Maintain your F-1 status.
- Purchase your books and supplies.
WCTC has many associate degree programs, but not all are open to F-1 international students. All F-1 international students must enroll in a full-time, in-person associate degree program. The programs listed below are eligible for F-1 international students. Due to high demand, some programs are open to in-district students only and are not eligible for F-1 international students.
- Architectural Drafting/Construction Technology
- Automation Systems Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Business Management
- Construction Management Technology
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Culinary Management
- Diesel Equipment Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronic Systems Technology
- Fire Protection Technician
- Front End Web Development
- Graphic Design
- Hospitality Management
- Human Services Associate
- Interior Design
- IT - Computer Support Specialist
- IT - Cybersecurity Specialist
- IT - Data and Analytics Specialist
- IT - Web and Software Developer
- Leadership Development
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Metal Fabrication/Welding - Advanced
- Network Specialist
- Quality Management
- Supply Chain Management
- The WCTC ESL program is not eligible for a student visa.