Work-Study and Student Employment

Work-study is a limited need-based employment program that allows you to earn a paycheck working part-time on campus or at nonprofit community service agencies. To eligible you must:

  • Be pursuing an eligible WCTC degree.
  • Meet a certain level of financial need determined by your FAFSA.

To get started:

  1. Complete the FAFSA to determine your eligibility for work-study.

  2. Search for a job on Handshake. You can use Handshake to find an on or off-campus job even if you don't qualify for work-study.

  3. Collect your paycheck and spend it wisely. Federal work-study students receive bi-monthly paychecks just like most part-time workers. Work-study earnings are not automatically subtracted from your tuition bill.

Get more job-search tips from Career Connections.