18-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 30-196-5
In today's changing workplace, effective leadership skills are needed to inspire employees and achieve business goals. Develop skills in the foundations of functional management, proactive leadership and systems improvement for entry-level supervisory positions. Learn how to communicate clearly with employees, better manage conflict and develop the confidence of others.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in one year.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered in an accelerated format. The Blended Options courses are organized into short, manageable segments (e.g. one class meeting each week for six or eight weeks) that meet during evening hours.
Evening completion and hybrid/online classes are available.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Evening classes accommodate the working adult. An accelerated learning environment blends interactive in-class activities with online learning.
- Develop skills in the foundations of management, proactive leadership, system diagnosis and improvement for people in entry- and mid-level leadership positions.
- Learn how to communicate clearly with employees, effectively manage conflict situations and develop strong working relationships through appropriate coaching and feedback.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2020 Start
- Submit application by August 3, 2020
- Complete checklist items by August 10, 2020
Spring 2021 Start
- Submit application by January 5, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 11, 2021
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$28,000 – $67,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Supervisors and managers are passionate about moving the company forward. They understand the company’s culture and communicate effectively with employees at all levels. If you have a collaborative mindset and are good at delegating tasks, possess a positive attitude and top-notch communication skills, consider exploring team leadership careers.
- Production Team Leader
- Plant Operations Manager
- Account Manager
- Assistant Branch Manager