Web and Digital Media Design
63-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-201-3
Blend the creative and analytical sides of web design to develop engaging and intuitive web applications. Learn techniques for page layout, managing projects, working with content management systems and adapting content for delivery on multiple devices.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester; however, some core courses may only be offered in the fall semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Earn two degrees in three years by combining Graphic Design with Web and Digital Media Design. Learn more about this dual degree option.
- Gain hands-on learning in real-world settings through optional technical internship experiences.
- Participation in the Web Design Club provides opportunities for learning new web design techniques, networking opportunities and discovering best practices.
- All graduating students are required to participate in the Portfolio Review.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
- Complete Computer Skills Assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- Submit application by August 5, 2019
- Complete checklist items by August 12, 2019
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$38,000 – $62,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you’re creative and analytical, and you have an interest in producing visual art and communications for the ever-expanding world of digital media, a career in web and digital media may be right for you. This field allows you to develop communications that combine creativity and functionality.
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Online Development Specialist
- Digital Media Designer
- Interactive Developer
Whether you're a high school student interested in earning college credits or a college student interested in transferring to a four-year university after graduation, our dual-enrollment and transfer-credit agreements will help you take the next step in your education and career.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.
Transfer Opportunities After WCTC
WCTC has credit transfer agreements with many four-year institutions that allow our degree graduates to transfer credits into a baccalaureate program, often at junior-level standing.
|College||Program Name||Credit Awards|
|Colorado State University-Global Campus||Any Bachelors Degree||up to 64, 10% tuition discount|
|Concordia University||Any Bachelors||Up to 84|
|Lakeland University||Any Bachelors Degree||Credits vary, check with Lakeland|
|Mount Mary University||Bachelor Degree||Junior Standing|
|Ottawa University||Bachelor of Arts or Sciences||up to 80, and 35%+ tuition discount for WCTC grads|
|Purdue Global||Any Bachelors||credits vary, 20% tuition discount|
|UW-Oshkosh||BS Leadership and Organizational Studies||up to 62|
|UW-Stout||BS Career, Technical Education & Training (100% online)||up to 60|
|Wisconsin Lutheran College||Bachelor of Science in Business Management & Leadership||50-70|
- Contact the school to which you'd like to transfer to make sure you understand its transfer policy.
- Talk to your WCTC program advisor about your intent to transfer so he/she can help you plan.
- If you're transferring within the University of Wisconsin (UW) System, contact your desired institution about its transfer policy and visit the UW System's transfer resource page.