Looking for a Job
There’s a lot that goes into landing your dream job. If you've lost your job or are ready for a new challenge, take advantage of Career Connections’ many classes and workshops. Follow these tips to make your job search as smooth and successful as possible.
- Create a stellar resume.
- Prepare for interviewing.
- Attend job fairs.
Companies send recruiters, human resources staff, supervisors or current employees to the fair for the purpose of:
- Marketing their company
- Establishing a pool of applicants
- Prescreening applicants for interviews
Your goal is to make positive contacts with potential employers. Learn how to work a job fair.
- Compare job offers.
- Career Connections offers these tips for evaluating an offer.
If You've Lost Your Job...
Career Connections can help:
- Take advantage of Career Connections’ many services, including workshops, walk-ins and one-on-one appointments.
- Register for our noncredit Computer Literacy course to improve your computer skills.
- Consider one of WCTC's short-term, accelerated or traditional programs to update your skills.
- Contact the Workforce Development Center to learn about additional training and employment services and programs.
- Explore resources. The Internet offers an abundance of career-planning and job-searching sites, but it can be difficult to know where to start. We highly recommend you connect with one of our Career Specialists to focus your job-searching efforts, but in the meantime, check out these resources to get you started.