The WCTC Fitness Center will open for students and employees on Tuesday, June 8, 2021 following the schedule outlined below:
- June: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- July: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- August: Monday-Friday (resume regular operations)
Hours of operation when open will be 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Monday-Thursday) and 6 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Friday). Locker rentals will also be available.
WCTC's Fitness Center is a convenient way to fit in a workout around your class schedule. Join a fitness class, participate in a fitness challenge or work out on your own. We have resources to keep you on track or help you get started on your fitness goals.
Check out just a few of the benefits of regular exercise:
- Improve your self-esteem and promote a positive self image.
- Supply your brain with the resources it needs to maximize concentration — even just 10 minutes of exercise can immediately boost your ability to think clearly.
- Physical activity bumps up the feel-good chemicals in your brain, helping to reduce stress and improve your mood.
- A strong body improves your posture, coordination and balance.
The Fitness Center is free to use for current credit students and employees. You’ll need a WCTC myCard to access the facility. Get your myCard at the Service Desk located in the Student Enrichment Center, B-110, and complete the online waiver.
Questions? Contact the Service Desk or call 262.691.5555.
Equipment you can use in the Fitness Center includes:
- Elliptical machines
- Upright and recumbent bikes
- Rowing machines
- Cardio climber
- Multi-station weight machine
- Free weights
- Functional fitness equipment including stability and medicine balls, resistance bands and TRX
- Sign up for Virtual Fitness Challenges.
- Join free, live virtual Group Fitness Classes during the semester, including kickboxing, core, strength and stretching.
- Find on-demand fitness classes and resources on our Canvas page! To access, make sure you have signed a waiver (as of July 1), then email firstname.lastname@example.org for your Canvas invitation.
- Check out our Facebook page to stay connected.
The Fitness Center is an unsupervised facility. To ensure a positive experience for all, please follow these guidelines. You must:
- Be at least 18 years of age and complete the waiver prior to receiving access on your myCard.
- Agree to and sign a waiver (Acknowledgment of Risk and Acceptance of Responsibility forms).