WCTC Student Emergency Funding

WCTC recognizes the impact COVID-19 has had on our community. The College can offer assistance to students who are experiencing hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Your well-being is our top priority.

COVID Impact Grant

If you are a WCTC student who was impacted by COVID-19, you can receive emergency assistance through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA). The funding may be used for any emergency expense due to COVID-19 or any expenses related to your cost of attendance at WCTC. Funding may vary based on availability and eligibility.


  • You must be currently enrolled in the spring 2021 semester at Waukesha County Technical College, taking one or more credits.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.

How to Receive Funding

If you have completed the FAFSA and are deemed eligible, you will automatically receive a COVID Impact Grant. FAFSA students do not need to apply.

The application is closed for the spring 2021 semester. We will reevaluate funding availability for further semesters.

We recognize that not all students are able to complete the FAFSA. If you are unable to complete the FAFSA, other options may be available to you. Learn more about emergency assistance, or email money@wctc.edu or call 262.691.5436 to get in touch.

Funding Information

WCTC must prioritize students with exceptional need. The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) requires that students with exceptional need are identified by considering FAFSA completion, Pell Grant eligibility, and self-certification for financial aid disbursement and awarding.

The COVID Impact Grant is available for the spring 2021 semester until May 28, 2021 or until all funds have been exhausted.

Grant Amounts

Pell Students $600
Non-Pell Students $400
Non-FAFSA Students $300

Funding Disbursement

If you are an eligible FAFSA student, funds will automatically be distributed via direct deposit to your bank account (preferred) or by paper check to your home address if you do not have a bank account on file. Receiving a paper check by mail will delay fund disbursement.

Student Direct Deposits

To expedite payment of financial aid funds, sign up now for direct deposit to your bank account. Visit your MyWCTC Student Account Center / My Profile / Electronic Refunds. Contact billing@wctc.edu if you have questions.

Questions? Our Financial Aid office is here to help! Get in touch by calling 262.691.5436 or email money@wctc.edu.