General Campus Information and Policies
Below you'll find general campus and classroom policies and information. Questions? Contact Student Development at 262.691.5302 or stop by the office in the College Center, Room C-121.
There is one ATM on campus, located in the College Center near the Hub, adjacent to the Student Development office in room C-121.
Mobile phones and electronic devices may be on during class, but only on the vibrate mode; the ringer must be turned off. Students must leave the room to answer the phone unless prohibited by course requirements. Be advised that departmental or course-specific rules may be more restrictive than WCTC's overall policy. The use of tablets, e-readers, personal computers and music devices in the classroom may be restricted in the same manner as cell phones.
Students are not permitted to make recordings of classroom lectures or activities using any recording devices (e.g., smartphone, tablet, computer, digital camera or other recording device), or make electronic copies of course materials (e.g., PowerPoints, formulas, lecture notes), unless prior permission from the instructor and/or an approved disability accommodation for recording is obtained.
- If permission is granted to utilize a recording device in a classroom or other setting where other students are present, the instructor will announce to the entire group that a recording will be made. Those with privacy concerns should consult with the instructor.
- Use of student recordings is limited to the student's personal educational purposes only. Recorded lectures or copied material must be destroyed at the end of the course.
- Distribution (e.g., sharing, making copies, posting online, uploading to Youtube, etc.) of all/any part of a recorded lecture or course materials is strictly prohibited; it is a violation of WCTC's Student Code of Conduct and is subject to disciplinary action.
No student may offer or give to any employee or the employee's family and no employee or member of the employee's family may solicit or receive anything of value from any student pursuant to an understanding that such employee's official actions, judgments, decisions or duties would be influenced.
WCTC does not accept and/or deliver personal messages to students other than in extreme emergencies.
WCTC students who are currently nursing are welcome to use our mothers’ rooms. Please visit the Service Desk located in the Student Enrichment Center (B-108) to request access to mothers’ rooms. Locations include:
- Building B, Room B-085
- Building S, Room S-134
- Building Q, Room Q-397
- Inside the Waukesha Campus women’s restroom
WCTC provides free surface parking on campus, including handicapped- and disabled-accessible spots. Bicycles must be parked in the bicycle racks provided throughout the campus, while motorcycles must be parked in the main parking lots.
- Do not park in roadways or otherwise reserved spots.
- The Pewaukee Police Department is responsible for patrolling these lots and for all ticketing. All violations will be ticketed.
All posters and flyers to be posted on campus bulletin boards must be approved through the Student Development Office (room C-121). Only posters pertaining to campus activities, classes or services of a direct nature to student interests will be posted. All posters must be no bigger than 8.5x11 inches and must be in the designated area marked on the boards. Posters that are not approved and/or do not follow the guidelines will be removed immediately. Additional information on the campus posting policy can be obtained from the Student Development Office.
Students living in the greater Waukesha area have access to the Waukesha Metro Transit System. Bus route 9 provides direct access to and from the WCTC Pewaukee campus Monday through Friday from. For information and a complete listing of the routes and schedule times, please contact the Waukesha Metro at 262.524.3636. Tickets, passes are available at the WCTC Bookstore.