65-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
More than 2 years
August / January
How You'll Learn
If you are interested in transferring to WCTC after completing nursing core courses at another nursing school, you must receive approval from WCTC’s associate dean of Nursing. Transfers are not guaranteed.
- Students are evaluated for core nursing transfer and clinical placement in June for fall semester entry and in November for spring semester entry.
- There needs to be an open seat in the semester you are entering the program. Open seat availability is confirmed/awarded by the associate dean.
To transfer into nursing core courses, you must:
- Apply and be admitted to the WCTC Nursing - Associate Degree program.
- Submit official transcript(s) with nursing courses completed.
- Once you apply and send your official transcripts, your coursework will be evaluated.
- If you have been dismissed from your previous program for failing two or more core nursing courses or if you have two unsuccessful attempts of the same course, you will not be eligible for transfer.
- Petition to the program. See Step 3 in "Steps to Complete the Nursing - Associate Degree Program" below.
- You must complete nursing program courses within five years of taking your first core nursing course. Based on timing, you may not be eligible for transfer and would need to start the nursing program courses over.
- You must complete at least 25 percent of the program coursework at WCTC to obtain a degree from WCTC.
If you have already completed your LPN and have an active license, please follow the LPN to RN Nursing Bridge program entry process.
Learn more about policies related to transfer credit.
Nurses are key to the healthcare team, serving as caregivers, educators and patient advocates. Integrate the science and art of nursing to prepare for the national licensing exam to become a registered nurse. Licensed nurses may work in hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities or on the business side of healthcare.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2023 Start
- Submit application by February 13, 2023
- Complete checklist items by May 15, 2023
Spring 2023 Start
- Submit application by June 27, 2022
- Complete checklist items by July 25, 2022
Summer 2023 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- iPad (128GB): $399
- Exam Soft: $500
- Kaplan Testing: $350
- Viewpoint Screening: $110
- Immunizations/tests: up to $900
- Uniform/Scrubs: $100
- Stethoscope: $100