60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-116-1
Human resources adds value to an organization by managing its most important resource – people. HR professionals attract, recruit and hire staff; provide details about programs and benefits; maintain employment records; and work with payroll. Explore employment law, employee training and development, compensation and benefits administration, labor relations, and wellness and safety initiatives.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
Evening completion and hybrid/online classes are available.
This is offered in an accelerated format. The Blended Option courses are organized into short, manageable segments (e.g. one class meeting each week for six or eight weeks) that meet during evening hours.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Evening classes accommodate the working adult. An accelerated learning environment blends interactive in-class activities with online learning.
- Practice skills through simulated workplace projects, including the hiring process, compensation and benefits, training and development, employment law and corporate culture.
- Earn two degrees in three years by combining Human Resources with Leadership Development. Learn more about this dual degree option.
- This program uses SHRM competencies and is aligned with Jefferson County SHRM (JCHRMA) and the National Association of African American Human Resources Professionals (NAAAHR-Milwaukee).
- Enjoy networking opportunities with local employers through capstone projects prior to graduation.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- Submit application by August 5, 2019
- Complete checklist items by August 12, 2019
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$38,000 – $67,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Human resources professionals deal with the people who make an organization run. They must be good listeners, handle workplace conflict with ease, adhere to confidentiality rules and possess strong organizational skills. If you are empathetic and compassionate toward others, can be objective as well as analytical, a human resources career may be right for you.
- Compensation Benefits Coordinator
- Training and Development Coordinator
- Human Relations Payroll Assistant