Human Resource Professional
15-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 30-116-1
Matching the right employees with the right positions and effectively managing personnel contribute to a company’s overall success. Develop skills in the recruitment, development and evaluation of employees. Cultivate management abilities in planning, organizing, controlling and directing the work of others. Explore employer liabilities and legalities, and gain familiarity with employment law.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in one year.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered in an accelerated format. The Blended Option courses are organized into short, manageable segments (e.g. one class meeting each week for six or eight weeks) that meet during evening hours.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Accelerated learning environment that blends interactive in-class activities with online learning.
- Evening class offerings accommodate the working adult.
- Program uses SHRM competencies and is aligned with Jefferson County SHRM (JCHRMA) and the National Association of African American Human Resources Professionals (NAAAHR-Milwaukee).
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2020 Start
- Submit application by August 3, 2020
- Complete checklist items by August 10, 2020
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$32,000 – $47,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Those who work in human resources roles must be good listeners, maintain confidentiality, have strong organizational skills and be able to deal with workplace conflicts. If you have empathy and compassion toward others, can be objective and impartial as well as analytical, a career in human resources may be right for you.
- Compensation Benefits Coordinator
- Training and Development Coordinator
- Human Relations Payroll Assistant