Global Trade Finance
12-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-138-CK
Both small and large U.S. businesses deal with foreign buyers and suppliers. Develop a solid knowledge of issues surrounding global trade finance including international payment terms, Letters of Credit, export credit insurance and foreign currencies. Gain an understanding of global economic issues and how they impact trade and accounting operations.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting. Evening completion options are available for some courses within this certificate.
What Makes This Program Unique
- You can apply credits from this short-term certificate program toward degree and diploma programs within the School of Business.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may also have the opportunity to obtain credit for prior learning.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.