15-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-145-CA
Discover what it takes to start a successful small business venture in an interactive classroom setting. Test the feasibility of different business ideas, and develop a real-world business plan. Learn the realities of starting a small business, such as assessing opportunities, defining the business concept and considering time commitment.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Explore the fundamentals of starting a business by building and presenting an actual business plan.
- Learn, develop and practice digital marketing and accounting skills used in business environments.
- Explore best practices in digital and social marketing through interactive activities and projects.
- Gain hands-on experience developing a comprehensive sales presentation.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.