WCTC welcomes students from around the world each semester. Whether you're just starting out in your career or looking to improve your skills, WCTC is a great place to be an international student.
International students can choose from a number of associate degree programs that are eligible for an F-1 student visa. The WCTC ESL program is not full-time and is ineligible for a student visa.
F-1 International Student Admission Process
- June 1 - fall semester start
- November 1 - spring semester start
Steps to Apply:
Submit International Student Application and International Students Recognition of Financial Support to WCTC's Global Education Center. Please note: Certain associate degree programs are unavailable to out-of-district and international students due to program demand and wait lists. Consult the international student program availability list for more information.
If you are admitted, WCTC will mail you an admission letter, I-20 and other WCTC-related information.
Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee. Regulation requires all prospective students to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee before the Department of State issues you a visa.
Follow your local U.S. Embassy or Consular office instructions for obtaining the F-1 visa. An interview is required. Bring your WCTC admission information, financial information, receipt of SEVIS I-901 payment and any other required documentation to the interview.
After your F-1 visa is approved, follow the steps in your admission packet, which include:
- Make travel and living arrangements in the United States.
- Schedule the ESL and Math placement assessments at WCTC (placement exam scores are required to register for some classes.)
- Register for classes and plan to attend International Student Orientation AND New Student Orientation.
- Purchase and submit proof of comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for repatriation.
- Maintain your F-1 status.
- Purchase your books and supplies.