60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
How You'll Learn
Now Enrolling: AcceleratED!
Beginning January 2022, an accelerated online option will be available for working, licensed paraeducators.
- Qualify for DPI short-term substitute teacher licensure upon graduation.
- Balance class and your full-time work as a paraeducator with online course delivery.
- Enjoy reduced textbook costs for core courses.
- Earn credit for work experience already acquired.
- Take advantage of transfer opportunities into bachelor’s degree programs.
Information sessions coming soon. Check back for updates.
Those working with elementary/middle school students understand the complex educational issues involving children. In this program, acquire skills to help students learn by providing individualized instruction under the supervision of a licensed teacher. Provide support with reading, writing, math and science; develop strategies to guide young children’s behavior; and gain skills to work with children with special needs.
Please note: A physical examination and caregiver background check is required prior to a field placement internship course.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2022 Start
- Submit application by August 1, 2022
- Complete checklist items by August 8, 2022
Spring 2023 Start
- Submit application by January 3, 2023
- Complete checklist items by January 9, 2023
Summer 2022 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Zipper binder: $32
- iPad (128GB)
- Fingerprint/background check (required every five years): $39
- Caregiver background check (required annually): $10
This program uses open educational resources (OER) and does not require the purchase of a textbook for core program courses (general education courses may require textbooks).