60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
Now Enrolling: AcceleratED!
An accelerated online option is available for working, licensed paraeducators.
- Qualify for DPI short-term substitute teacher licensure upon graduation.
- Balance class and your full-time work as a paraeducator with online course delivery.
- Enjoy reduced textbook costs for core courses.
- Earn credit for work experience already acquired.
- Take advantage of transfer opportunities into bachelor’s degree programs.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at 7 p.m. (Join via Zoom)
Those working with elementary/middle school students understand the complex educational issues involving children. In this program, acquire skills to help students learn by providing individualized instruction under the supervision of a licensed teacher. Provide support with reading, writing, math and science; develop strategies to guide young children’s behavior; and gain skills to work with children with special needs.
Please note: A physical examination and caregiver background check is required prior to a field placement internship course.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2024 Start
- Application Opens: September 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: August 5, 2024
Spring 2024 Start
- Application Opens: April 1, 2023
- Application Deadline: January 8, 2024
Summer 2024 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Submit all checklist items by the application deadline. Apply early; deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Open Educational Resources
This program uses open educational resources (OER) and does not require the purchase of a textbook for core program courses (general education courses may require textbooks).