16-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
The students enrolled in the Phlebotomy Technician program should be able to meet the established technical standards identified below with or without reasonable accommodation. The technical standards for the Phlebotomy Technician program are representative of those found in the Phlebotomy Technician profession.
Review the Phlebotomy Technician Technical Standards.
A phlebotomy technician’s primary responsibility is drawing blood and conducting other specimen collections. They must recognize conditions that might alter collections, correlate types of lab tests to the written diagnosis, and communicate with the lab and patients. Learn to draw blood from a patient for laboratory analysis, understand lab test requirements and maintain specimen quality.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by June 14, 2021
- Complete checklist items by July 12, 2021
Spring 2022 Start
- Submit application by January 3, 2022
- Complete checklist items by January 10, 2022
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Access to any computer or tablet
- Scrubs/shoes: $75
- Drug screen: $55
- Immunizations: up to $850
- BLS for the Healthcare Provider: $50-$85