7-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 30-138-1
Numerous global trade rules and regulations exist for the import and export of products, and these must be followed in order to be compliant. Learn U.S. import and export regulations, and develop a foundation on the customs import compliance process, export management, and the cultural, political, economic, legal and financial issues surrounding international business.
How Long It Will Take
Full-time students can complete this program in one semester.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered in an accelerated format. The Blended Option courses are organized into short, manageable segments (e.g. one class meeting each week for six or eight weeks) that meet during evening hours.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Participate in detailed discussion of topics including ECCN determination, restricted party screening, AES filing, certificates of origin, tariff classification, valuation and country of origin.
- Explore real-world examples of how companies manage compliance with import/export regulations.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2020 Start
- Submit application by August 3, 2020
- Complete checklist items by August 10, 2020
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$24,000 – $56,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you enjoy coordinating processes and have an interest in how goods are shipped out of and into the country, a career in the import-export area may be right for you. The main responsibility of those working in this field is to ensure shipments adhere to customs regulations.
- Trade Compliance Analyst
- Import/Export Specialist