27-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 31-109-4
The leisure and hospitality industry includes full-service hotels and resorts, fine-dining restaurants, bed and breakfast inns, cruise ships, casinos, and theme and amusement parks. Those working in this industry train to work in various areas such as lodging, event planning, operations and more. In this program, focus on supervision, budgeting, marketing and purchasing skills.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in one year.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- International study tour opportunities and internships are available. In the past, students have traveled to Italy, France, England and Germany.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- The Hospitality and Culinary Club promotes professionalism among members, develops and uses resources and talents to increase members’ knowledge of the hospitality/culinary industry, and improves human relations through club and industry interaction.
- Alongside this technical diploma, you'll earn the ServSafe Food Production Manager certification.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by August 2, 2021
- Complete checklist items by August 9, 2021
Spring 2021 Start
- Submit application by January 5, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 11, 2021
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$20,000 – $38,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Customer service skills are paramount to those working in the hospitality industry. Those who are detail oriented and have a positive attitude will be successful in this type of work. If you are a good communicator, team player and have superior problem-solving skills, a career in this field may be right for you.
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Event Planner
- Dining Room Manager
- Guest Services Supervisor
- Reservation Manager