64-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
The students enrolled in the Health Information Technology program should be able to meet the established technical standards identified below with or without reasonable accommodation. The technical standards for the Health Information Technology program are representative of those found in the Health Information Technology profession.
Health information technicians contribute to the quality of care by collecting, analyzing and reporting healthcare data while protecting the integrity and security of patient health information. In this program, gain knowledge of disease processes and treatments, data and information standards, regulatory and ethical issues, and application of organizational management skills.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by June 14, 2021
- Complete checklist items by July 12, 2021
Spring 2022 Start
- Submit application by November 1, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 10, 2022
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Access to any PC
- Viewpoint Screening: $110
- Immunizations:up to $850
- EHR Go software: $55/12 weeks - Purchase through WCTC Bookstore
Take advantage of a Direct Digital Access Program for discounted textbooks.