60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
How You'll Learn
Those working with elementary/middle school students understand the complex educational issues involving children. In this program, acquire skills to help students learn by providing individualized instruction under the supervision of a licensed teacher. Provide support with reading, writing, math and science; develop strategies to guide young children’s behavior; and gain skills to work with children with special needs.
Please note: A physical examination and caregiver background check is required prior to a field placement internship course.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by August 2, 2021
- Complete checklist items by August 9, 2021
Spring 2022 Start
- This program cannot be started in spring.
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Zipper binder: $32
- iPad (128GB)
- Fingerprint/background check (required every five years): $39
- Caregiver background check (required annually): $10
This program uses open educational resources (OER) and does not require the purchase of a textbook for core program courses (general education courses may require textbooks).