Customer Service Specialist
19-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 30-102-4
Now more than ever, good customer service is key to a company’s success. Learn to manage orders efficiently, communicate with customers effectively and address concerns in a professional manner. Hone organization, self-motivation and teamwork skills that can be applied to customer service positions in a wide variety of industries.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in one year.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
The traditional track is offered on campus in a classroom/lab setting.
The Blended Options track is offered in an accelerated format. The Blended Options courses are organized into short, manageable segments (e.g. one class meeting each week for six or eight weeks) that meet during evening hours.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software throughout curriculum, gaining hands-on experience with industry technology.
- Gain exposure to current industry trends through projects and guest speakers from local organizations.
- Students can earn a related credential in Business Management through the completion of this program.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment (Reading and Writing).
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- Submit application by August 5, 2019
- Complete checklist items by August 12, 2019
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$31,000-$49,000, plus potential commission opportunities
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you enjoy working with people, can think on your feet and have strong problem-solving skills, a career in customer service may be for you. With a degree in customer service, you can find job opportunities in a wide range of industries, products and services.
- Customer Service Manager
- Guest Relations Specialist
- Call Center Representative
- Help Desk Technician
Whether you're a high school student interested in earning college credits or a college student interested in transferring to a four-year university after graduation, our dual-enrollment and transfer-credit agreements will help you take the next step in your education and career.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.
Transfer Opportunities After WCTC
WCTC has credit transfer agreements with many four-year institutions that allow our degree graduates to transfer credits into a baccalaureate program, often at junior-level standing.
|College||Program Name||Credit Awards|
|Cardinal Stritch||BS from the College of Business and Management||60+|
|Colorado State University-Global Campus||Any Bachelors Degree||Up to 64, and 10% tuition discount|
|Concordia University||Any Bachelors Degree||Up to 84|
|Lakeland University||Any Bachelors Degree||Junior Standing|
|Mount Mary University||Any Bachelors Degree||Junior Standing|
|Ottawa University||BS from the College of Business and Management||Up to 80|
|Purdue Global||Any Bachelors Degree||Credits vary, 20% tuition discount|
|UW-Green Bay||Organizational Leadership-Bachelor of Applied Studies||Block of 60 credits|
|UW-Oshkosh||BS Leadership and Organizational Studies||credits vary, 100% online|
|UW-Stout||BS Management||Up to 60, 100% online|
|Wisconsin Lutheran College||BS Business Management and Leadership||50-70|
- Contact the school to which you'd like to transfer to make sure you understand its transfer policy.
- Talk to your WCTC program advisor about your intent to transfer so he/she can help you plan.
- If you're transferring within the University of Wisconsin (UW) System, contact your desired institution about its transfer policy and visit the UW System's transfer resource page.