Learning in Retirement
Learning in Retirement of Waukesha County
WCTC is proud to host Learning in Retirement of Waukesha County (LIRWC). LIRWC is
an affiliate of the Road Scholar Lifelong Learning Institute, an international organization that provides programs for ongoing learning.
LIRWC members can take advantage of events, special interest groups and courses in music, art, literature, computers, history, financial planning and more.
Learning in Retirement Opportunities
LIRWC courses are held during the day at WCTC’s Pewaukee and Waukesha campuses and other facilities in the area. Offerings include:
- Short-term courses, one to six weeks in length, on topics including art, music, religion, computers, history, aging, financial planning and more. Most courses cost just $20 or less, and there are no pre-requisites, no exams and no grades!
- Day-long and overnight chartered bus trips to museums, art exhibits, theater performances and other special events throughout the year.
- Distinguished speakers on a variety of topics.
- Groups for special interests including books, genealogy, philosophy, hiking, singing, golf, Bridge, Mah-jongg, Sheepshead, theater, creative crafters, recipe trading, and beading and jewelry making.
- Access to the WCTC library, computer labs, Style & Class Salon and Spa, Dental Hygiene Clinic, Classic Room and Classic Bistro.
Membership is open to any adult who is retired, semi-retired or working with a flexible schedule. An annual fee of $65 entitles members to low-cost courses, special events and special interest groups.
To become a member, fill out the Learning in Retirement Registration of Waukesha County Membership Form and Risk Release Form. If you want to pay via PayPal, you can email these forms to email@example.com; or mail these forms and your check to:
Waukesha County Technical College
LIRWC, Room WK-101G
327 E. Broadway
Waukesha, WI 53186
You can also register online. Here, you can view all courses and special interest groups, register and pay for courses via PayPal or via check by clicking "Pay via Invoice."
- BYTES Newsletter
- Online Registration
- 2023 Spring Course Catalog
- 2023 Spring Membership/Registration Form
- 2023 Spring Course Checklist
- 2022-2023 Risk Release Form
- 2022-2023 Registration & Payment Option Procedures
- 2022-23 Special Events Schedule
- Gift Certificates
- DVD Purchase Form
- Emergency Procedures
- 2019 990-EZ Tax Form
- 2019-2020 WI State Annual Report
- 2020-2021 LIRWC Annual Report
2021-22 LIRWC Board of Directors, Officers and Committee Chairpersons
President – Pam Erdmann
Vice President – Judy Pelt
Acting Treasurer – Robert Riedel
Secretary – open
Past President – Lisa Peterson
Delegate-at-Large – Doreen Giesfeldt
Delegate-at-Large – Sue Sullivan
Curriculum Chair – Dave Arnott
Special Events Chair – Nancy Langlas
Membership Chair – open
WCTC Liaison – Timothy Holloway
Learning in Retirement News
Welcome to the new 2023 spring semester! We again are offering a large variety of classes, including history, the arts, personal development, computer training, world wars, health & wellness, science, and much more. Several courses will be presented in the hybrid format, i.e., in the classroom and via Zoom. However, the majority of the courses are being held in person in the classroom. Everyone is glad to be able to gather and socialize once again. Classes start February 6, 2023, at the Waukesha campus; however, a few classes are starting earlier in January at the First Congregational United Church of Christ in Hartland. Check out the course catalog online for all the opportunities available.
Remember to visit our online registration system where you can view all the courses and Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and sign up. You can pay via PayPal by submitting payment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can pay via check to be sent to the office by selecting “Pay via Invoice.” Questions? Contact email@example.com or 262.695.3473.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are still very much active. Visit pages 40-41 in our course catalog for locations, meeting dates and times. Remember to check the SIG you are interested in joining on your Membership/Registration form if you did not join in the fall. You can also contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.695.3473 to sign up.
The Special Events Committee organized some great trips this past fall and have more exciting events coming this spring semester. Remember to check the box on your Membership/Registration form to receive individual trip flyers and information on each event.
- February 10, 2023: Annual Sock Hop, lunch, and Game Day, WCTC Pewaukee Campus
- March 16, 2023: Lambeau Field Tour and Packerland, Green Bay
- April 20, 2023: Grumpy Old Men at Fireside Theatre, Fort Atkinson
- June 16, 2023: Ten Chimneys, Railroad Museum and Elegant Farmer, East Troy
LIRWC continues its community outreach programs by partnering with local senior living communities, attending local senior fairs/events and presenting at other organizations' meetings. If you would like LIRWC to come visit your group, please contact us. We are always open to hearing from our members and the community at large. Contact us with ideas, suggestions, opportunities, etc. at 262.695.3473 or email@example.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach a board member directly.
Learning in Retirement Location
Downtown Waukesha Campus
327 E. Broadway, Waukesha, WI 53186
- Conveniently located in downtown Waukesha.
- Ample, free parking for all students, staff and visitors.
- Also home to our Dental Hygiene Clinic.