Registration for this session is now closed.
Strategic Communications and Disengagement Strategies for Healthcare CANCELLED
8:00am - 4:30pm
Strategic Communications and Disengagement Strategies for Healthcare:
This course is designed for individuals in healthcare or who are entering the healthcare profession and involved with direct patient care. This course is broken down into two phases:
• Phase 1 – This phase will include recognizing violence in healthcare and how to use de-escalation strategies to lessen the likelihood of becoming a victim of that violence.
• Phase 2 – This phase will teach disengagement strategies from common physical attacks common to healthcare.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Understand the dangers in a healthcare environment.
• Recognize early warning signs a situation is escalating.
• Identify strategies to verbally de-escalate situations.
• Identify strategies to keep yourself safe when verbal de-escalation is not working.
• Demonstrate personal protection and disengagement strategies to be used when confronted with an individual who is attempting to harm you.
What to bring:
• Note taking materials
• Wear comfortable clothing
• Athletic shoes