Registration for this session is now closed.
WI Public Records Law
November 13, 2023
8:00am - 4:30pm
In this presentation, you will learn about:
- Understanding Nuances in the Public Records Law regarding disclosure of different types of records from Personnel Records to Law Enforcement Records.
- Understanding the Obligation to Effectively Respond to Requests for Records, and Drafting Effective Communications to Records Requesters designed to Protect the Interests of the Custodian and the Governmental Authority.
- Understanding the Authority to Charge Fees.
- Fulfilling Notice Obligations from Basic Situations to Complex Situations Involving Multiple Employees.
- Understanding Statutory and Common Law Provisions Barring the Release of Records
- Understanding the Balancing Test Analysis and Clearly Articulating Arguments Supporting the Custodian’s Decisions regarding Release.
- Responding Effectively Through Scenario-based Training Designed to Identify Common Problems Posed by Records Requesters.
- Managing the Public Relations Aspects of the Public Records Law.