Strategic Communications and Disengagement Strategies for Healthcare
Saturday, September 17, 2022
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Strategic Communications and Disengagement Strategies for Healthcare:
This course is designed for individuals in healthcare or who are entering the healthcare profession and involved with direct patient care. This course is broken down into two phases:
- Phase 1 – This phase will include recognizing violence in healthcare and how to use de-escalation strategies to lessen the likelihood of becoming a victim of that violence.
- Phase 2 – This phase will teach disengagement strategies from common physical attacks common to healthcare.
(Class size limited to 24, due to physical nature or this phase)
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the dangers in a healthcare environment.
- Recognize early warning signs a situation is escalating.
- Identify strategies to verbally de-escalate situations.
- Identify strategies to keep yourself safe when verbal de-escalation is not working.
- Demonstrate personal protection and disengagement strategies to be used when confronted with an individual who is attempting to harm you.
What to bring:
- Note taking materials
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Athletic shoes