38-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be licensed at the EMT level, or higher, within the State of Wisconsin
- Must hold valid BLS Provider certification
- WCTC offers BLS Provider Renewal courses. If you hold another version of CPR certification, please review the list of acceptable CPR certifications for this program.
- Must submit a criminal background check
- Must meet several health requirements (including specific immunizations and drug test)
- Must show proof of health insurance
- A background in medical terminology is helpful for this program.
Paramedics provide emergency pre-hospital care to those experiencing a medical emergency such as illness, injury or trauma. In the diploma program, develop skills in emergency medical systems and paramedic principles; patient assessment; pharmacology, anatomy and physiology; paramedic respiratory and cardiac management; pre-hospital treatment and care; EMS operations; and caring for special populations.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- iPad (128GB)
- External keyboard and durable case (recommended)
- FISDAP license key: $50
- EMSTESTING Access: $99
- Platinum Planner software: $90
- Paramedic Kit: $40
- EMS smock: $25
- Immunizations/health requirements: up to $500
- Drug screen: $50
- Uniform: up to $200
- Stethoscope: $50
- Testing fee (NREMT certification): $400
View the full cost and supply list.