28-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
Medical coders review physician documentation in records in order to assign diagnoses and procedure codes used for reimbursement and data purposes. Medical coders work in hospitals, physician’s offices, other healthcare facilities and insurance companies. In this program, learn two different systems in order to assign codes to the reimbursement systems for inpatient and outpatient coding.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2023 Start
- Submit application by August 7, 2023
- Complete checklist items by August 14, 2023
Spring 2023 Start
- Submit application by January 9, 2023
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2023
Summer 2023 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Acess to any PC
- EHR Go software: $55/12 weeks - Puchase through WCTC Bookstore
Take advantage of a Direct Digital Access Program for discounted textbooks.