36-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
1 or 2 years
August / January
How You'll Learn
This program is 1,550 hours and is offered in both part-time and full-time sequences.
Full-time students can:
- Take classes during the daytime. Typically classes are scheduled Monday through Friday during the daytime (approx. 40 hours per week).
- Complete this program in 10 months.
- Begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
Part-time students can:
- Take classes during the evening. Typically classes are scheduled Monday through Thursday evenings and Saturdays during the daytime.
- Complete this program in 17 months.
- Begin this program in the fall semester only.
Contact an admissions advisor if you have any questions about scheduling options.
Those working in cosmetology have a taste for style, helping clients enhance their experience and look their best. Combine theory with practice to study haircutting, styling, color, perm waving, chemical relaxing, and learn about nail and skin care. Learn business aspects of working in a salon, including professional and personal development, communication and Wisconsin law.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2022 Start
- Submit application by May 16, 2022
- Complete checklist items by June 13, 2022
Spring 2023 Start
- Submit application by October 31, 2022
- Complete checklist items by December 12, 2022
Summer 2022 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Program iPad (128GB): Purchase or rent through the WCTC Bookstore
- Cosmetology Kit: $2,100
- State board exam: $400
- Lab access: $365