28-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
The students enrolled in the Medical Coding Specialist program should be able to meet the established technical standards identified below with or without reasonable accommodation. The technical standards for the Medical Coding Specialist program are representative of those found in the Medical Coding Specialist profession.
Review the Medical Coding Specialist Technical Standards.
Medical coders review physician documentation in records in order to assign diagnoses and procedure codes used for reimbursement and data purposes. Medical coders work in hospitals, physician’s offices, other healthcare facilities and insurance companies. In this program, learn two different systems in order to assign codes to the reimbursement systems for patient and outpatient coding.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by June 14, 2021
- Complete checklist items by July 12, 2021
Spring 2022 Start
- Submit application by November 1, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 10, 2022
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Acess to any PC
- EHR Go software: $55/12 weeks - Puchase through WCTC Bookstore
Take advantage of a Direct Digital Access Program for discounted textbooks.