60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-502-1
Aestheticians are skin care specialists who perform a variety of facial and body treatments to help their clients maintain the health and appearance of their skin, and to look and feel their best. Learn to perform basic and advanced services in facials, body treatments, hair removal and makeup applications. Train to meet client needs in both spa and healthcare settings.
How Long It Will Take
Students will complete this program in less than two years.
You can begin this program in the spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- This program is the first of its kind in the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). Students are trained to perform aethetic services in salon, spa, and medical settings.
- Learn in a hands-on environment by servicing guests in WCTC's Style & Class Salon and Spa and Aesthetics Lab.
- Participate in a clinical rotation in a medical spa setting through a capstone experience.
- Train in chemical exfoliation, IPL hair removal, Microderm abrasion, laser treatments, chemical peels, microblading, lash extensions and body contouring while in the program.
- Meet all education hours required to sit for the Wisconsin State Licensing Exam for Aestheticians.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
This program includes general-education courses as well as introductory and advanced technology core courses. You may also have the opportunity to obtain credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
- Schedule and attend a Program Advising Session.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- This program cannot be started in fall.
Spring 2019 Start
- Submit application by November 19, 2018
- Complete checklist items by December 17, 2018
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
This program requires purchase of an Aesthetician kit through the WCTC Bookstore.
$29,500 - $48,500 annually, plus commission and tip opportunities
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you’re a good communicator, have an interest in skin care and enjoy working with people to help them look and feel their best, a career as an aesthetician may be for you. Aestheticians perform a variety of services – from facials to laser hair removal to body wraps and much more. Those working in medical settings apply treatments under the supervision of medical professionals.
- Skin Care Specialist
- Paramedical Aethetician
- Oncology Aesthetician
- Makeup Artist