33-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
Machinists, or machine tool operators, produce parts to precise specifications, generally from setup to operation. In this program, acquire skills for the safe operation of engine lathes, vertical milling machines and surface grinders. Learn to operate computer numerical control (CNC) machines, interpret engineering drawings and use applied mathematics.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2022 Start
- Submit application by August 1, 2022
- Complete checklist items by August 8, 2022
Spring 2022 Start
- Submit application by January 3, 2022
- Complete checklist items by January 10, 2022
Summer 2022 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Any PC with at least i7, 3.2Ghx CPU, 32GB memory, Nvidia Quadro, AMD FirePro, AMD Radeon Pro graphics card
- MTO Tool Kit: $525
- MTO 3/4 Tool Kit: $155
- Safety equipment (shoes/glasses): $100