60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-196-1
This accelerated program is designed for those who already have one year or 2,000 hours in a full-time leadership position. Leaders will gain additional skills to measure and improve quality, budget efficiently, think critically, problem solve, organize and build work team relationships, and develop and maximize human resources.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered in an accelerated format. The Blended Option courses are organized into short, manageable segments (e.g. one class meeting each week for six or eight weeks) that meet during evening hours.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Earn two degrees in three years by combining Leadership Development with Human Resources. Learn more about this dual degree option.
- Accelerated learning environment that blends interactive in-class activities with online learning. Evening class offerings accommodate the working adult.
- Since most Leadership Development students are currently working, you will be able to weave current work experience into course activities.
- Utilize a variety of active learning strategies and technology to create an interesting and effective learning experience.
- Emphasis is placed on developing leadership skills that can be applied immediately in your work and life.
- Earn the embedded Excellence in Leadership certificate and Organizational Leadership technical diploma.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
This program includes general-education courses as well as introductory and advanced technology core courses. You may also have the opportunity to obtain credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- Submit application by August 5, 2019
- Complete checklist items by August 12, 2019
Spring 2019 Start
- Submit application by January 3, 2019
- Complete checklist items by January 10, 2019
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$51,000 – $99,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you have already worked in a leadership position for three years and are hoping to advance your career, the Leadership Program will provide additional skills to make you a better team leader or manager. Those in leadership roles are focused, disciplined and receptive to new ideas, and they have a clear vision of how to achieve their goals.
- Branch Manager
- Circulation Manager
- Sales Engineer
- Human Resources Manager
- Team Manager