IT - Security Manager
12-credit Technical Certificate
Program Code 40-150-CQ
Explore cybersecurity issues and responses, and learn about the role information technology plays in business processes. Learn to prepare a Business Impact Analysis (BIA), contingency plan and disaster recovery plan. Build crisis communication skills needed to interact with employees, customers and vendors during a disaster.
How Long It Will Take
Students can complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- This certificate is ideal for security professionals moving into management positions.
- Gain the skills and knowledge needed to lead your team and company securely.
- The IT - Security Manager technical certificate is the second credential in the IT - Cybersecurity Specialist Pathway.
- Some credits earned in the IT - Security Manager technical certificate apply toward IT degree and diploma programs within WCTC’s School of Business.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
Financial Aid Eligibility
This certificate does not qualify for financial aid. To qualify for most federal financial aid, a student must be enrolled in a technical diploma or associate degree program. Questions? Contact your program advisor.
The cost of your certificate depends on the number of total credits. Learn more about tuition and fees.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How to Get Started
- Prospective certificate students do not need to complete an application for admission to WCTC.
- First semester students may register during Open Registration for General Public.
- Prerequisite and program restrictions may apply.
- After the start of their first class, students must declare their intent to complete a certificate.
- Certificate students are eligible to receive priority registration for their second semester.
High School Dual Credits
Dual enrollment offers high school juniors and seniors an opportunity to get a head
start in high-demand fields through earning college credits. Learn about the credit options.
Other Educational Opportunities