64-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-304-1
Interior designers have a flair for combining color and texture with design elements to create aesthetically pleasing and environmentally friendly surroundings. In this program, develop a strong foundation in computer-assisted design, furnishings, lighting, textiles and sales. Learn the fundamentals for success in the field, including designing interiors for residential and commercial spaces.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Earn two degrees in three years by combining Interior Design with Architectural Drafting/Construction Technology. Learn more about this dual degree option.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- Engage in the Interior Design Club to explore industry trends, participate in service learning and begin building your professional network.
- Earn program credit by participating in a biennial international travel experience focused on architecture and design. Past trips have included visits to England, France, Italy, Greece, Prague, Budapest and Vienna.
- Engage in hands-on, real-world projects as part of a capstone experience. Display your best work in the end of program Interior Design/Architecture Drafting Portfolio Community Showcase.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- Submit application by August 5, 2019
- Complete checklist items by August 12, 2019
Spring 2020 Start
- This program cannot be started in spring.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$35,000 – $51,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you enjoy creating living spaces and work environments that reflect individuality and personal style, a career in interior design may be for you. Those in this field are creative with a strong sense of customer service. They have a love of decorating, and they possess a keen eye for detail, maximizing the functionality of interior spaces.
- Interior Designer
- Residential Designer
- Commercial Designer
- Design Consultant
- Facilities Planner