Food Service Production
32-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 31-303-2
It takes a well-trained kitchen staff to create a memorable dining experience for restaurant patrons, and those in food service production are an integral part of that team. In this program, develop proper cooking methods and learn techniques for hot and cold food preparation, baking and garde manger.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in three semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Hospitality and Culinary students gain valuable experience at WCTC’s training restaurant, The Classic Room and The Classic Bistro.
- The Hospitality and Culinary Club promotes professionalism, increases members’ knowledge of the industry and improves human relations through club and industry interaction.
- Participate in approximately 680 hours of hands-on work in lab settings.
- Practice skills on a broad range of equipment in renovated labs.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2020 Start
- Submit application by August 3, 2020
- Complete checklist items by August 10, 2020
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$18,000 – $24,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Food service employees are accustomed to working at a fast pace. They must be strong team players, as they work with other kitchen and hospitality staff, and flexibility is key as their hours and schedules vary. If you’re personable, strive for accuracy and are good at multi-tasking, a career in food service may be right for you.
- Food Service Worker
- A La Carte Cook