66-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
Fire medics cross-train in the areas of emergency medical services and fire protection/suppression.
They respond to all types of emergencies, such as house fires, traffic accidents and
rescue situations. Develop skills in emergency medical response at the paramedic technician
level; learn about fire behavior, firefighter safety and survival; and develop critical
thinking skills for effective emergency response.
A State of Wisconsin EMT-Basic, or higher, license is required for participation in this program. Students must also have obtained their Wisconsin State Firefighter I Certification to enroll in the Fire Medic program.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2022 Start
- Submit application by August 1, 2022
- Complete checklist items by August 8, 2022
Spring 2022 Start
- Submit application by January 3, 2022
- Complete checklist items by January 10, 2022
Summer 2022 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- iPad (128GB)
- External keyboard and durable case (recommended)
- FISDAP license key: $50
- EMSTESTING Access: $100
- Platinum Planner software: $85
- Paramedic Kit: $40
- EMS smock: $25
- Immunizations/health requirements: up to $500
- Drug screen: $50
- Uniform: up to $200
- Stethoscope: $50
- Testing fee (NREMT certification): $400
View the full cost and supply list.