60-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Time to Degree
August / January
How You'll Learn
- You can begin the traditional track in the fall or spring semester.
Courses are offered during the daytime, on campus or online.
Blended Options Track:
- You can begin the blended options track only in the fall semester.
Courses are offered during the evening, on campus or online.
Learning that happens in early childhood settings provides children with a strong educational foundation. In this program, gain an understanding of the principles of early childhood education and learn to facilitate young children’s learning and development through class work and practical experience. Explore child development, child behavior, developmentally appropriate practices and strategies for working with parents.
Please note: A physical examination and caregiver background check is required prior to a field placement internship course.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start (Traditional and Blended track)
- Submit application by August 2, 2021
- Complete checklist items by August 9, 2021
Spring 2021 Start (Traditional track only)
- Submit application by January 5, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 11, 2021
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Any computer or tablet (Traditional Track)
- Program iPad (Blended Options track only): $399, must be purchased through WCTC’s Bookstore
- Fingerprint/background check (required every five years): $39
- Caregiver background check (required annually): $10
- Health examination including TB skin test: cost varies