Early Childhood Education Preschool (Registry Credential)
18-credit Technical Diploma
Program Code 30-307-7
Gain specialized training to work directly with preschool-aged children in a variety of early care and education settings. Learn to support the healthy growth, development and learning of children ages three to five years.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two semesters.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Program students can obtain the Preschool Credential from The Registry at Career Level 10. The Registry promotes professional growth and verifies the education, training and experience vital to quality care for the Wisconsin childhood care and education workforce.
- Credits earned in this program can be applied directly to the Early Childhood Education associate degree.
- Eligible high school students can pursue this diploma through the Dual Enrollment Academy.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2019 Start
- This program is not currently accepting applications.
Spring 2020 Start
- Submit application by January 6, 2020
- Complete checklist items by January 13, 2020
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$20,000 – $25,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Spending time with young children and nurturing their love of learning is the reward for those who work in early childhood education. If you are patient, compassionate and enjoy working with young children and their parents, a career in early childhood education may be right for you.
- Preschool Teacher
- Early Childhood Education Teacher
- Early Care and Education Provider
- 4K Assistant