61-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-317-1
Culinary management is a field for those who are passionate about food and business savvy, and want to combine the two for a rewarding career. Devote 1,000-plus lab hours to learn the latest culinary techniques and trends, and gain practical, hands-on experience in meal planning, preparation, presentation and serving at the on-campus training restaurant.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom/lab setting.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Hospitality and Culinary students gain valuable experience at WCTC’s training restaurant, The Classic Room and The Classic Bistro.
- International study tour opportunities and internships are available. In the past, students have traveled to Italy, France, England and Germany.
- Internship experiences provide technical, hands-on learning in real-world settings.
- The Hospitality and Culinary Club promotes professionalism among members, develops and uses resources and talents to increase members’ knowledge of the hospitality/culinary industry, and improves human relations through club and industry interaction.
- Earn two degrees in three years by first completing Culinary Management in two years, then completing Hospitality Management in just one additional year. Learn more about this dual degree option.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2020 Start
- Submit application by August 3, 2020
- Complete checklist items by August 10, 2020
Spring 2021 Start
- Submit application by January 5, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 11, 2021
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$22,000 – $32,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
Those working in culinary careers place a high priority on customer service in order to provide guests with a top-notch dining experience. If you possess excellent time management skills, are manually dexterous and can work safely and effectively in the kitchen – plus, the physical endurance needed for fast-paced work, a career in culinary management may be right for you.
- Sous Chef
- Assistant Manager
- Line Cook
- Kitchen Manager