36-credit Technical Diploma
Time to Degree
1 or 2 years
August / January
How You'll Learn
This program is 1,550 hours and is offered in both part-time and full-time sequences.
Full-time students can:
- Take classes during the daytime.
- Complete this program in 10 months.
- Begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
Part-time students can:
- Take classes during the evening.
- Complete this program in two years.
- Begin this program in the fall semester only.
Those working in cosmetology have a taste for style, helping clients enhance their experience and look their best. Combine theory with practice to study haircutting, styling, color, perm waving, chemical relaxing, and learn about nail and skin care. Learn business aspects of working in a salon, including professional and personal development, communication and Wisconsin law.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by March 22, 2021
- Complete checklist items by June 8, 2021
Spring 2022 Start
- Submit application by November 1, 2021
- Complete checklist items by December 13, 2021
Summer 2021 Start
- This program cannot be started in summer.
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive. Explore current tuition and fees.
Additional Estimated Costs
- Program iPad (128GB): Purchase through WCTC Bookstore
- Cosmetology Kit: $2,100