61-credit Associate of Applied Science Degree
Program Code 10-101-1
Accountants play a critical role in the fiscal management of any organization – large or small. The fast-paced business environment depends on sound financial processing, controls and decision-making. Discover how to prepare, interpret and analyze financial information; master accounting fundamentals; and develop extensive computer skills in business-based software programs.
How Long It Will Take
Depending on course load, full-time students could complete this program in two years.
You can begin this program in the fall or spring semester.
How This Program Is Offered
This is offered on campus in a traditional classroom setting. Hybrid/online classes are available.
What Makes This Program Unique
- Participate in volunteer work through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) through La Casa.
- Gain practical, hands-on experience through projects, capstone and internship opportunities to prepare for immediate job success.
- Program-to-program transfer agreements allow you to continue your education at a four-year college or university and work toward becoming a certified public accountant (CPA).
- Additional certificates are available to complement the Accounting degree, including Accounting in Healthcare, Computerized Accounting Specialist, Mortgage Lending and more.
For the courses you’ll take, semester sequence, pathways and course descriptions, view the program catalog page.
You may have the opportunity to obtain credit for the college-level skills and knowledge you've already acquired. Learn more about credit for prior learning.
How To Apply
- Apply online and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit official high school transcript.
- Complete placement assessment.
Deadlines To Know*
Fall 2021 Start
- Submit application by August 2, 2021
- Complete checklist items by August 9, 2021
Spring 2021 Start
- Submit application by January 5, 2021
- Complete checklist items by January 11, 2021
* Application deadlines are subject to change based on program demand.
Financial Aid Eligibility
As a program student, you are eligible to receive:
- Financial aid loans
- Other forms of assistance
Learn more about financial aid.
The cost of your degree depends on a number of factors, including where you live, how your program is delivered, how long it takes to finish your program and the financial aid you receive.
Learn more about tuition and fees.
$35,000 – $59,000 annually
Salary range estimates based on wages for related occupations in Waukesha County as reported by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). Individual wages may vary based on experience, industry, location and specific job requirements.
Check the WCTC Graduate Success Report to view our graduates’ entry wages.
If you like working with numbers, focus on accuracy, possess top-notch organizational skills and have a keen eye for detail, a career in accounting might be for you! Clients rely on these traits when they look for a skilled practitioner, and WCTC will help you hone these skills for a rewarding career.
- Accounts Payable Assistant
- Accounts Receivable Clerk
- Accounting Supervisor