WCTC by the Numbers
2017-18 Annual Enrollment
- 20,112 total enrollment
- 9,243 enrolled in Associate of Applied Science degree courses
- 1,882 enrolled in Technical Diploma courses
- 500 enrolled in apprentice-related training
- 3,972 full-time equivalency (FTE) of college enrollment
- 1,659 enrolled in personal enrichment courses
- 3,322 high school students took WCTC courses through partnership agreements
- 7,518 adults enrolled in continuing education (includes Corporate Training Center)
Students may be enrolled in more than one of these areas.
- 49% males
- 51% females
- 20% ethnic minorities
- 28.1 median age
More Numbers We're Proud Of
- 9 out of 10 WCTC graduates in the job market are employed within 6 months. (Source: WCTC Graduate Success 2017)
- No. 1 in ROI: WCTC has the best return-on-investment (ROI) of any Milwaukee-area college or university, with an earnings-to-cost ratio of 3.57-to-1. (Source: 2016-17 U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard)
- 97% of employers were “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the education and training their employees received. (Source: WCTC Graduate Success 2017)
- The median salary of WCTC graduates working in their fields was $42,088. (Source: WCTC Graduate Success 2017)
- WCTC’s graduation rate (as defined by the U.S. Department of Education) is a four-year average rate of first-time, full-time degree-seeking students completing a program within 150% of expected time to degree. For example, students completing a two-year associate degree within three years are counted toward the graduation rate. For 2018, the Student Right to Know Graduation Rate (the average of the last four years’ graduation rates) is 39%.
- Some first-time full-time students opt to transfer to another institution prior to completing a degree. As of 2018, WCTC’s transfer-out rate was 8%.
For more information on student success statistics, contact Viktor Brenner, Institutional Research Coordinator, at 262.691.5577.