Mandatory Student Accident Only Insurance Plan

Enrollment and Eligibility

All students enrolled in credit classes or in a practicum program and/or other recognized student groups approved by the College will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Wisconsin Technical Colleges Mandatory Accident Only Insurance Plan, and will be defined as a "Covered Person." Online students and high school students enrolled in transcripted credit courses are not eligible.

Plan Benefits

The cost of the plan is $4.50 per semester, and covers:

  • When an Accident occurs while on campus, attending a practicum program or other recognized student group approved by the College or during travel to and from a program, the plan offers comprehensive benefits that include hospital room and board, inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures, labs and x-rays, physician office visits, ambulance, durable medical equipment, emergency care and prescription drugs.
  • The maximum benefit allowed for each accident is $50,000.
  • Please refer to the Plan Documents for complete details regarding coverage, limitations, and exclusions.
General Coverage Questions

Questions about what's covered, how to access benefits, enrollment concerns or replacement ID cards?

Gallagher Koster
500 Victory Road
Quincy, MA 02171
1.877.449.7938 or 1.617.769.6073

Questions about a specific claim or claims payment?

Klais & Company, Inc.
1867 West Market Street
Akron, OH 44313

Does a covered person need to be on campus for coverage to take into effect?

Eligible students are covered while on campus, attending or participating in a college-sponsored or recognized activity, including practicums. This includes traveling to or from the Covered Person's home, and campus, within the entire state of Wisconsin. The covered travel time includes the period before the Covered Person's required attendance time and the period after his dismissal or when he completes any extra duties.

Is coverage in place for a student who is traveling internationally for a required course activity?

International travel is covered, but cannot exceed two hours each way.

Is coverage in place for a student who is studying at the college library on campus on a day when his/her class is not in session?

Coverage is in place while on school premises, during school hours, and on school days.

Is coverage in place for a student who is driving to and from a school sponsored event?

Coverage is in place to and from a school sponsored event within the entire state of Wisconsin.

For a student who has a blended on-line course, is coverage in place for the portion of the course when the student is required to be on campus?

Yes, the student with blended courses is covered when required to be on campus, as long as premium has been paid for that student.

Do I get an ID card?

ID cards are available online. To print an ID card, students should complete the following steps:

1. Visit Gallagher Koster, click on "College & University Students and Scholars" and select your school from the dropdown menu.

2. Log-in using your existing account information (first time visitors will need to create an account).

3. Select "Authorize Account" located to the left of your screen under Account Information and entered your Student ID number along with your date of birth.

4. Once your account has been authorized, select "Account Home" and click on "Generate ID Card."

Does this plan have a deductible?

No, the Wisconsin Technical Colleges Accident Only Insurance Plan does not have a deductible. Deductible means the amount for which you are responsible before payment is made by the claims company.

Can I go to any doctor or hospital?

Yes, you can go to any licensed provider.

If I receive a bill for services I received or need to be reimbursed, what should I do?

Physicians should bill the claims administrator. The billing information is on the back of your accident insurance ID card that you print off the website. However, if do you receive a bill or you paid for a service and need to be reimbursed, you should submit your bill (and proof of payment if seeking reimbursement) and completed claim form to the claims administrator (selecting your school form the drop down menu and clicking, "Claims Company"). Make sure your name, insurance ID number and school name are on the bill, and make a copy for your records. Submissions should be sent to:

Klais & Company, Inc.
1867 West Market Street
Akron, OH 44313

Can I purchase coverage after the policy terminates?

No, there is no option to continue coverage after this policy terminates.

Student Personal Property Protector Plus ®

This product is available to all WCTC students. Student Personal Property Protector PLUS ® is an insurance plan that offers coverage for all types of property including; computer hardware, software, books, clothes, and electronics. This all risk policy covers fire, theft, water damage, flood, earthquake, riot, accidental damage, and vandalism. Any college or university property in the care, custody or control of the student is also covered under this policy.

Plan Highlights

  • Low deductibles
  • Attractive pricing - $2,000 of coverage for just $50 per year
  • Worldwide protection - covers U.S. students studying abroad and international students studying in the U.S.
  • Full 12-month policy period, including between semesters
  • 30-day money-back guarantee if not satisfied
  • Identity Theft Protection